Monday 15 October 2012

Butterbean and chorizo casserole

Well I had big plans for the weekend, I was going to bake biscuits and do some cooking well the weather was so good I decided to take my niece out for a walk, we often go walking as we love taking photographs. So  we wrapped up, packed a flask of soup, grabbed our cameras and set off.

We were't disapointed the sun was out and we went into the woods I love this area its a haven for walkers and their dogs, the trees were just starting to turn red.





Also met a few delightful squirrels on our walk.



Well by the time I got home didnt leave much time for cooking, so I needed a quick tea I could rustle up in 20 mins, so it was the old favourite, perfect for an autumn day.

Butter Bean and Vegan Chorizo Casserole

1 pack of Redwoods Vegan Chorizo Pieces
1 Onion diced
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tins of Butter beans 
2 tbs Olive oil

Heat oil and gently fry garlic and onions for 5 mins.
Add Chorizio pieces and continue to fry for a few mins,



Add tinned tomatoes and cook for few mins.
Lastly add Butter beans and cook until heated. Nice and quick just what you need when you are in a hurry.

I have on occasions substituted Butter beans for Baked beans and put a topping of sliced potatoes on the top for a more hearty meal. Have even added spinach or Kale to the mixture when I have been using up greens.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the combination of white beans and paprika flavours. I bought some cheatin' chorizo on your recommendation and am having it for dinner tonight actually. Your photography is beautiful; the leaves have fallen here too but with all the rain it's just mulch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim I love getting out with my camera when I can find the time. Dying to see what you make for dinner hope you like your Chorizo I'm addicted to them.

      Delete