Sunday 12 August 2012

Summer musings And salads

Can't believe we're halfway through August the year is flying by, been busy with a number of home projects and garden revamp so haven't had much time to blog or anything.

The weather in the UK is definetly getting better had a very wet summer so far so didn't get as much done in the garden as planned.

At the moment I have an abundance of rocket and salad seedlings which I'm incorporating into every meal I adore rocket and one of my favourite summer salads is Rocket,Pear and Pecans with a shaving of vegan Parmesan cheese with a lemon or lime vinegarette dressing beautiful in its simplicity.

I love salads anytime of the year but feel they really come into their own at this time of year, they're simple,quick and easy and you can literally throw whatever you have in them.

If you have veg left over roast them and toss them in your salads add some pomegranate seeds,spinach leaves or rocket or whatever you fancy you have a delicious healthy meal.I also love to add dried fruits and nuts into my salads and dates are surprisingly delicious as well let your imagination run wild.

I think the key to a great salad is in the dressing here are a few of my favourites.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment